Quick links for inner pages
Basics of Electronics and Electrical Engineering
The laboratory introduces the students for the first time the use of bread boards. The students are made familiar with the basic experiments in electrical and electronics engineering. The laboratory is well equipped with CRO, function generators, elements like resistors, inductors and capacitors.
The laboratory help the students to have in-depth practical exposure of the theoretical concepts learned in theory classes. Simulation of some circuits is done using MATLAB and ORCAD .A lab manual is also provided to the students to help them in performing the experiments in an efficient manner.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Familiarization with CRO, Function generator and power supplies.
- Study and Analysis of Kirchoff’s Laws
- Study and Analysis of Thevenin’s and maximum Power Transfer Theorem
- To verify Reciprocity theorem and Superposition theorem in DC
- To conduct frequency response of a series R-L-C circuit to find out resonance frequency and quality factor and to plot phasor diagrams
- To perform open circuit and short circuit test on single-phase transformer.
- To plot the V-I characteristics of p-n junction diode
- To study the clipper and clamper circuit.
- To study the characteristics of zener diode
- To study and plot the wave form of half wave and full wave rectifier with and without capacitor filter.
- To study the I-V characteristics of transistor in common base configuration and determine the input and output resistances.
- To study the I-V characteristics of transistor in common emitter configuration and determine the input and output resistances.
VALUE ADDED EXPERIMENTS
- To study and simulate half wave and full wave rectifier using Orcad
- To study and simulate clipper and clamper circuit using Orcad.